Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rainy Day

I'm sure I'll use that title 50 more times this Spring!  Today was garbage day.  Tibby does not like the garbage can.  It's big, brown and rolls around.  Last night, during our walk, the street was lined with garbage cans.  Tibby wasn't fazed at all!  She even stopped to pee next to one.  Yay!  I think, just like her puppyhood fear of man hole covers, she is growing out of her garbage can fear.
This morning it was raining.  When we went outside for our walk there was a crack of lightning and thunder right above us!  Tibby was startled, but I just acted like that was completely normal and continued walking along.  She rolled up her tail and trotted along beside me. 
Jessie, my childhood dog, was deathly afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks.  I wish they had invented thundershirts when she was alive.  When I brought Tibby home I didn't want her to be afraid of anything.  Of course, it would be nice if she would be cautious about some things like - strange men, cars, eating garbage!

No comments: