Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weaves and Teeter and Tunnels!


This is Dhali in his favorite spot - underneath the plum tree laying in the grass :)  


Weeeee!  A video of agility!  Yes we have been working on something.  
Dhali has been very hesitant about the big teeter.  Of course, when I brought the little teeter outside to just play an easy game of 'bang it' he was all "I'm not scared!".  Crazy little guy.  

He's getting better and better about not biting me and hopefully I am getting better at giving him the right direction.  I'll have to wait and see what the official word is from Loretta, if I'm doing good/bad.

Look at him do the weaves!  He's figuring it out.  At first I had fences on either side, but he doesn't need them any more.  I'm not sure how they figure this stuff out, like running contacts, but they seem to get it.  A little bit every day.  

My goal is to have a fast, smooth running dog.  LOL!  I think that's everyone's goal.  It might take a long time, but I think it will be worth it :) 

Tibby makes a cameo appearance at the beginning of the video.  She really does not like to do agility, but she likes hot dogs, so she will bang that *%&#* teeter until she gets some hot dogs or I take her away.  She is such a funny dog.  Crazy that she is the most willing to do the teeter, when it was THE scariest thing to her in the beginning.  It took a long time just to shape her to look at and take one step toward the teeter.  Now she won't get off it! 



2 comments:

Diana said...

So just some things to think about. I wouldn't run towards the teeter and then make your dog turn around. It could be confusing. I line my dog up beside it, near the down side, and have them jump on from the side. Also coming out of the tunnel, you stop and throw the toy. This can teach your dog to over ride your motion cues. Stopping should be a collection cue and your dog should turn and come to you. If you want to throw the toy for a reward, you need to keep running in that direction.
I hope I didn't offend you. You guys are doing great!

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Nope not offended at all :) I worked it out with Loretta and now we are doing it right. I was trying to combine things Silvia told me with instructions from Loretta - that never works out for me LOL!