Monday, August 16, 2010

Tibby's First Day

 These are pictures from the day I picked Tibby up.
Tibby is my very first puppy.
When I was 13 I adopted an older cocker spaniel.  She was really smart and she knew a lot of tricks, but she had a bunch of issues too.   She wasn't socialized at all when she was a young puppy. 
Jessi, my cocker spaniel, died more than seven years ago, so it's been a long time since I've had a dog.
And I've never had a puppy.
I was curious to see why people bought and raised puppies.


And I couldn't say no to that face!

 It was a long drive home, almost an hour.
At one point we thought Tibby had to go to the bathroom, so we stopped the car and set Tibby on the edge of the ditch.  She wasn't wearing a collar or leash yet.  The minute her feet hit the ground she dove into the ditch!  The ditch was full of tall grass, so she almost disappeared into the tall grass.  In the first 30 mins of owning a dog, I almost lost my dog!

We made two stops on the way home:
1 Stopped at the vet to make a new puppy appt. and get Tibby checked out.
2 Stopped to pick up puppy supplies - collar, leash, bowl and lots of toys!



 Alexa and Tibby.
Alexa took this pic :P

Tibby and me.
Our first pic together!

Cutie face

My mom and Tibby.
By the end of the night we had named Tibby - Tibbit.
Tibbit is a palindrome and it's like Tibet for Tibetan Terrier.


No comments: