Saturday, June 22, 2013

One Year, What A Change


This day last year, I was meeting Dhali for the very first time at a puppy open house.  He was 4 weeks old and adorable :)


I can't believe he was that small!


Fast forward ONE year and Dhali attended his very first seminar.  It was at Loretta's and it was fun :)



We were auditors, so mostly Dhali just hung out in his crate.  But he did a really excellent job of just being.  That is a tough skill!

He didn't make a peep when I left him to walk a course.  He whined a little bit when there were other dogs barking.  He also whined a little bit and barked once (!) at the end of the day.  I know what his problem was though - he needed to go potty!  And he was refusing to go.  Still an issue with the strange location pottying.  

But other than the potty issues he was a rock star.  I don't think he could have handled working in that environment - YET, but I was really itching to try the exercises out :P  


He did a lot of this....


And some of this...



At the very end of the day I brought out his mat and let him play on that.  He did a good job, but his enormously full bladder was distracting him a little bit.  It's frustrating to know that if he just would pee he would feel so much better LOL!!
He was great at looking at and then ignoring the dogs working on course.  He was like "yeah, whatever I have mat, I have cheese and hot dogs - don't care about boring dogs."



I love this picture - wink?



My shoes drying off in front of the fan.  My feet were so wet the entire day.  It rained a lot last night, so we were in the barn for the seminar, but my feet got soaked hauling our stuff from the car to the barn.

I really liked having the seminar in the barn!  It was nice and cool - I was even cold!  The dogs didn't run off too much, because we were in the barn.  The sun didn't blind me and I didn't get a sunburn.  All around I enjoyed this year's seminar much better than last year.  It was so relaxing to have Dhali with me.  Last year was stressful with Tibby.

And I learned a lot too!  I took lots of notes.  I can't wait to play with one jump :)

P.S. I ate a hamburger for the first time in over 15 years.  AND it was grilled by a world agility champion :D LOL!!!!  It was a tasty hamburger.  I couldn't remember what they tasted like, but now I know!

2 comments:

Diana said...

You should buy a pair of "bogs" . I think they sell them on clean run and other places. They are water proof slip on shoes. I have used them so many times in the pass 6 years. Best buy ever. I keep them in my car.

Helen said...

Seminars are fun. I haven't audited many, usually I have a working spot but the one I did audit was great. You're able to take notes and make videos for later, when you have a working spot, you're a little too busy unless someone else will video for you.