Monday, December 31, 2012

The End Of 2012



Wow!  2012 what a year.  There have been a lot of changes.  Last year I made 2 posts: One with what we had done and one with goals for the next year.  This year, just one post.  

I started out the year with the idea that I might add another dog to the family, but I wanted to put everything I  could into training Tibby.  Tibby's my baby girl.  With two dogs I thought there might not be enough resources to go around - time, money....love.

2012 was all about the puppy.

So I pushed Tibby and we went on many adventures and I was frustrated a lot.  A lot of dreams and jealousy of other people's dogs.  

Finally I decided I was going to add another dog to the family.  I made a list of what I wanted in a dog.  I thought about adoption.  Then I added my name to a list for a Tibetan Terrier puppy litter that was due in the late Fall.  To keep myself busy and not to frustrate Tibby any more, I volunteered to foster a dog.  I had a lot of fun fostering Ellie and I seriously thought about adopting her, but then I didn't.  I also thought about adopting a puppy from a different place, but then I didn't.  I also thought about taking my name off of the puppy list.  The puppies were so expensive and I felt really guilty spending so much money on one puppy.  Something just for me.  For the price of one puppy I could help a bunch of foster dogs.  What to do?

  Then I got the message that I had not only been moved from the fall litter, but that there was a puppy for me in a litter that was already born.  The last pick of the litter.  And it was a boy.

Wow, last pick and a boy.  I'd never had a boy and I'd always imagined that I would get another girl.  Also, last pick?  What to do?

I went with my heart and said I would take him.  I didn't feel any deep connection looking at his first pictures, but I knew that I wanted him.  Once the decision was made I stopped worrying. It felt like the right decision.

And it was.  So, so happy that I chose Dhali.  Last pick was THE BEST pick!!! :)
And surprise! my heart has plenty of room for two.

This was also the year that I made the big decision to take Tibby to the U of M and see a Behavioral Veterinarian.  Tibby started meds and we are still waiting to see what the future holds for Tibby, but the meds have helped her a lot.  She is calmer and more balanced.  I feel like I'm getting my Tibby back and her personality is starting to show.  

Goals for 2013:
Well, since I hardly met any of my goals for 2012 (see previous post) I will try to keep the 2013 goals modest.

For Tibby:  Go on a walk and not react to anyone or any thing.

For Dhali:  Oh, man I have so many dreams for Dhali.   He'll be a year old at the end of May.  He'll be 18 months old at the end of November.  Old enough to enter an agility trial (!!!!).
My goal is: Play and have fun.

That's it.  If other things happen this year, they will happen, if they don't - there is always 2014!



Our year in video!  Yes it is a long movie, BUT it goes by pretty fast.  We had a very busy year, but I say that every year!



See you next year!
We can't wait to start another year FULL of ADVENTURE!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think Dhali has been good for the Tibster. She's seemed to open up and relax a bit now that she's not the only dog.

Many good wishes for her and all of your household!

2013 looks to be a pretty good year!

Ronalyn said...

Here's to a great 2013! Looking forward to more stories of Tibby & Dhali!