Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2nd Trip To Petsmart Yesterday

Tibby was SO GOOD.  She walked around with a loose leash (!!!!!) about 90% of the time.  She sat down (on her own - I didn't ask her to sit) to greet a small boy and let him pet her.  She also sat and greeted a woman and 2 other children.  I was really amazed and proud of her.  After our last visit with all the pulling and whining - this was a great visit!  When we left a worker gave Tibby half of a Milkbone.  Tibby has never had that kind of treat before and this Milkbone was huge.  It filled her whole mouth like a chew toy!  She politely took it, dropped it behind a check out desk and then trotted out the door with me.  Funny girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Tibby did so well!! My parents' dog, Chloe, won't take treats anywhere but home. She won't take a treat if she's at the pet store or the vet. She's a strange dog! Riley, on the other hand, will take 2 or 3 or 4 treats...

Elyse and Riley

KimT said...

Yay, Tibby!

OscarBlogger said...

Good girl! That's very impressive progress - hurrah for the loose leash! Funny that she didn't actually eat the milk bone. I guess it's not her treat of choice...

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I've not even been brave enough to take my dog into a store. That's pretty huge! Congrats to you both!

Sagira said...

Way to go Tibby!