Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great First Lesson Today

This morning Tibby and I had our first lesson with Loretta from Full Tilt Border Collies.  She is a really great teacher.  I liked the way she taught - it was great!  Very easy to understand and very encouraging.  I didn't leave feeling like Tibby and I had a horrible relationship and we would never get this game called agility.  I left feeling like, "Ah ha!  That's how people teach xxxx and xxxx.  Well, that's not so hard.  We can do that."    Also, she has the most beautiful place.  It's so pretty and there is so much pretty, soft green grass to run around on.  Tibby also thought the grass was beautiful (and yummy).

We worked on so many things: cik/cap (which I especially want to work on because it is a foundation skill for the next Silvia Trkman class I signed up for - we are NOT going to fall so far behind in the next class!!!), spins left/right, running across a plank (Tibby did a good job :) ), reverse cross, front cross, another cross thing, but I forgot it's name - collection cue?, jumping over a jump.  We also worked on Tibby ignoring another dog.  All I have to say is that Loretta has THE MOST PATIENT dog in the entire world.  Tibby was literally pawing and sticking her nose in Loretta's dog's face (I think it was Lynn?) and Loretta's dog totally ignored her.  She growled, but that was it.  Wow.  Eventually Tibby turned to me a couple times and got a treat - progress! 

Tibby chased her ball and ate a ton of treats.  She had fun!  There were a couple times where she did a little zoomie around on the grass and wouldn't come back, but it wasn't as bad as I thought she would be.  Yay!  She didn't run away!  Yeah that's right she was OFF LEASH! 

We were both super tired when we got home.  After a short walk around the front yard to potty Tibby collapsed in the living room and fell asleep.  I was asleep soon too.  We slept for 3 hours!

3 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Woohoo! Sounds like a fantastic day!!!

Loretta Mueller said...

You both did great :) Glad to know you enjoyed your lesson and you met two of my dogs :) Klink was the rough coat that was a "distraction" for Tibby and Lynn was the dog that was showing the running on the board :) But it's OK, everyone gets them all confused! LOL

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Oops! Sorry :)
We are working hard on our homework - I'm not sure you will be able to tell on Thurs. LOL! but we are trying!