Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stuff

Tibby and I had a little disagreement about what she should do with a jump.  She was sure that the best method of dealing with jumps was: walk up to jump, lift one paw, knock bar onto the ground and look up for treat. 
She finally did ONE really nice jump and I stopped while we were ahead! 
She did 100% on the jump/wrap/chase toy.  I had the bar down on the ground, so it was really run!/wrap/chase toy.  She was fast though, so that made me happy.

Tibby Best Toy Ever 1.0 had a set back today, but I have a better plan and tomorrow will start working on 2.0.  The set back was that Tibby destroyed it.  Oops!  At least I know she liked the idea.  We played a bunch today.  I'm working on getting her to jump up on me and demand the toy.  So far she is jumping up on me.  I also played keep away with one of her toys.  I took her tug, hid it behind me on the couch and if she jumped all over me she got to have it.   I like these drive building games - I don't have to think so much, just have fun.

In my last post, I forgot about the training we did yesterday, at Petsmart, after our lesson.  We sat in the car and watched dogs.  Tibby looks at dog/freaks out/calms down a little/looks at me gets treat.  Repeat/repeat/repeat ect.  Pretty soon it was: calm look at dog/look at me/get treat and then look at me/look at me/get treat.  Yay!

4 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Cute! Vito used to think the object was knocking the pole down too. I think it's all the shaping games we've played of physically interacting with objects. Of course the great thing about shaping games is that they figure out the right answer pretty quickly and then only occasionally offer the pole whack :)

24 Paws of Love said...

Love the idea of hanging out in the car while dogs passed by. What a great idea!!

Sagira said...

Tibby is so smart! Sounds like you are doing a great job with all of her training, keep it up. :)

Loretta Mueller said...

YAY at Petsmart!!! She is a brilliant little dog :)

Toy destroyed---WIN for you! :)

Keep it up!!!!