Friday, January 6, 2012

We Were Hacked and Attacked

Hey everyone just a little warning.  My computer was attacked last week by 'someone'.  They shut down my firewall.  Thank goodness for McAfee!  They were able to fix it remotely.  Buuuuut then my email was hacked and someone used it to send out bad stuff.  So my account was shut down until I could prove that I wasn't a 'bad' person. 

I don't go on weird unsafe sites and I'm very careful about not opening emails from strange people, but it still happened. 

The scary thing is that it LOOKED like my firewall was working, but when I looked deeper it was turned off and I couldn't turn it back on.

SO check your firewall and watch out for bad people.

1 comment:

Elaine Pritchard said...

It seems like lots of people are getting hacked in the last few days.... stay safe out there peeps.

Love and licks, Winnie