Monday, November 12, 2012

First Conformation Class

2 TTs with me in the middle!  Best snuggley sandwich ever

I took Dhali to his first conformation drop in class tonight.  It went pretty well :)  Everyone was very helpful and gave me lots of tips.  Sometimes conflicting tips, but it was the thought that counts, right?  It took Dhali a while to warm up, but by the end of the hour (which went by VERY fast) he was a cocky little guy and gaiting very nicely.  I think with a few clicker sessions we will have this conformation thing down.  It was nice to get a lot of turns practicing.  

One lady was nice enough to let me borrow one of her leashes, but we still don't have a show lead!  

It might take some practice to get the right speed.  Too fast and Dhali jumps and bites the lead.  Too slow and Dhali jumps and bites the lead.  Hmmmm :P

The only draw back to the class?  It's a 1 1/2 hour drive one way.  If anyone ever accuses me of NOT  being dog crazy I will have this proof.  I drive all over the country for my babies.

No comments: