Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kitchen Helper


Tibby might not be the fastest or most desperate to please, but she isn't a dummy.  Last night I was cutting up some vegetables in the kitchen.  I had the door underneath the kitchen sink open, so I could throw the peelings away easily.  My back was to the open cupboard door and I didn't even know Tibby was in the kitchen.  I thought she was in her crate in the living room chewing on a bully stick.  No.  Tibby was watching me.
Bang!  I heard the cupboard door slam shut behind me.  I turned around to see Tibby sitting by the door waiting for her treat.  She did it over and over again.  If there was any door left open in the kitchen she closed it, without any direction from me.  I was so surprised! 
She may be a non-sporting dog, but that doesn't mean she isn't a working dog!