Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tell Me Thursday

  Hey everyone's doing it!  Jen at Crooks and Crazies has started "Tell Me Thursdays"- she posts a few questions on her blog.  You answer them and then post a link on her blog.  I've had fun reading all the responses the last few weeks.  It looks like fun!   Here are the questions for this week:

Crooks and Crazies



1. What is the biggest thing that grossed you out over the past week?
Well, I've worked in a hospital for 12 years, so not much grosses me out now.  The ULTIMATE grossest thing that happened this week I can't really talk about here, but it had to do with a dead person.  The 2nd grossest, was when I tried to help a patient stand up and his NG tube (tube that goes through the nose into the stomach - like a stomach vacuum) hit my hand.  AND green 'juice' got on my fingers.  The sad thing is that an hour later almost the exact same thing happened with a different patient.     

2. What do you feed your dogs?
Nutrisource

3. If you could move anywhere where would you live?
New Zealand.  Didn't even have to think about it LOL!  My Mom's family is from there and I think it is the most beautiful country.  I like the weather and you can go from farmland to beach to forest to mountains in ONE DAY.  You don't have to drive a million miles to get everywhere. 

4. What is the funniest thought that occurred to you (or thing that happened to you) this week?
Ahh, huh?  I know funny things happen to me ALL THE TIME, but I can't really remember any of them.  Well, we have this patient mover thing the uses an air blower (like a very powerful air mattress blower) and I didn't attach it correctly.  It was pretty funny when it shot off and blew my hair everywhere.  At least my co-workers thought it was hilarious :P

5. If you couldn't have your breed of choice what would be next on your list?
Hmmm, I guess I don't know enough breeds of dog.  I really like Tibetan Terriers - even though Tibby is not easy to train or work with she is easy to live with.  I guess maybe a standard poodle.  I've always liked them. 

2 comments:

Laura Carson said...

So glad you played this week! Fun stuff! I had to lol at the NG tube story. I don't know if I'm thinking of the right thing or not, but when my Nunna went into the hospital with a bowel obstruction she had one (I'm pretty sure - she couldn't stop throwing up so it was pumping out her stomach). Total ewww.

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Yup! That's an NG. ewwwwww