Sunday, April 17, 2011

6 Mile Walk


Tibby and I went for a walk today.  It ended up being a 6 mile walk.  3 miles out and 3 miles back.  I always forget that we have to walk back as far as we walk out.  Tired.
I blame the road.  It stretches out so nice and flat.  I keep thinking just a little farther and just a little farther turns into a mile.


This is a state trail.  It goes for miles and miles - like 120 miles and connects a bunch of towns.  The whole thing isn't paved, but a lot of it is.  This part goes through farmland.



I like the tree tunnels.
What do you see Tibby?

Ah ha!  A pair of ducks.  It's hard to see with my p/s camera, but they are right in the middle of the pic.

Now the male is walking into the field and his mate is right behind.

"Let's get going!"

"Onward!"

Mile one.
  Tibby wasn't happy about posing for this picture.  She wanted to sniff and not be interrupted.

I like this pic.  Tibby is smiling!  And I like the windmill in the background.

"Sniff.  Sniff!"


Is that green I spy?


There was something very smelly here, because Tibby really wanted to smell every blade of grass.....very carefully.

Pond.
Time for a swim?
Nah it's too cold.

"Yes, I will sit on the bench, but I will not look at you.  So.  There."


What do you see?


A goose.
I thought this goose was a decoy, because it didn't move at all, but when we walked past, on the way home, it was gone.


3 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Six miles--very impressive. We had to biggify the picture, but we saw the ducks.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Wyatt said...

That is a really good walk. It looks like some of the places that we go around here :)

Wyatt and Stanzie

Sagira said...

Very pretty photos. Lots to see in 6 miles. :)