Friday, October 12, 2012

Dhali's Day - Waiting And Walking


I took Dhali to work with me today.  Not for the whole day.  When I went home for lunch I brought him and had him wait in the car for me.  It was very cool and windy today - only a high of 40F.  I only had 3 hours of work left after lunch, so he got to wait in the car for 3 hours. 
I worried about him, of course, but he was fine.  For any dog that is training to do dog sports - waiting in a car / in a crate is a necessary skill to learn.  

It was nice and cool in the car when I came out from work and Dhali was sleeping.  I had left him with a nice peanut butter filled trachea and he ate the whole thing!

Then we went for a walk in the downtown area around the hospital and Dhali got to experience a very windy day and city noises.  He saw a lot of things, smelled a lot of things and walk across/explored a lot of things.

Mostly Dhali wanted to walk behind me and jump up on my legs and rear end.  He loves to jump!  He was very playful and funny.  We had a nice walk.  It wasn't a very long walk - 20 mins, but the wind was really cold.  I hope we can do this as often as possible.  If it's cool enough, I will be bringing him to work with me!

It's nice, because we don't have to take Tibby and I don't feel bad about not taking her, because she is still at home.  One look at her sad eyes and I can't say no to her!

Funniest thing about Dhali - he still will not potty away from home.  When we got home he had to potty really, really bad.  I'm not sure how he was able to hold it actually!  

No comments: