Friday, September 7, 2012

A Milestone


Dhali is finally big enough to jump up on the couch.  I walked into the living room and there he was!
Last night he jumped up onto the bed when he was chasing Tibby.  He tried to jump on the bed later and couldn't make it, so I thought it was just and accident and having enough speed from running after Tibby.
Nope.  He can get up there all by himself.


I think he likes it.  He's a big boy now!


"I don't always sit on the couch, but when I do I like to dig hole in the backyard first."


This is NOT a picture of Dhali sleeping.  I'm actually not sure that he EVER sleeps.  I've seen him in his crate   
'resting' with his eyes open.  No, he was just trying out the big bed while Tibby was in the other room.  


She came back and took her spot back.


Dhali settled down with a bully stick. 
Last night he played tug with me for over an hour.  Full chase and tug and playing rough.  I was watching a movie and playing with him.  That's how I know it was over an hour!  Hey, it's multitasking.  

Today was a big day of playing and playing and playing.  We all took a little nap in the afternoon and then went for a 2 mile walk.  Then more playing and running and digging.  He met the manners minder.  Thought it  was a monster at first, but by the end of the day was doing hand touches and eating from it eagerly.  I think it blew his little mind that he could do something and get food from this box and not from me.  The only time he was crated was for nap time and when I was vacuuming/sweeping.  He likes to try to eat the broom and vacuum.  

He also likes to snuggle, but just for a little bit and then he's ready to go, go, go!  

So it's almost 11pm now and he's still going strong - running around and pulling toys out of the toy box.
oh,dear he just brought me the tug toy.  Time for another movie?

2 comments:

Diana said...

He is growing up so fast. What a cutie!!

Unknown said...

awww bless he's so cute!! Nanook isn't really much of a sofa fan, he only jumps up when im on it, but he never stays there for long.